Agricultural Sales Representative
Branch Manager / Sales Director
Full time – Monday to Friday – 40 hours per week
We have a mission – to achieve sustainable growth whilst ensuring that customer service is at the forefront of every decision we make. Our reputation as experts in our field has been built upon 50 years of industry experience, which has provided us with a solid foundation to grow. We are big enough to meet our customer’s needs, whilst still providing a personal service.
Achieving it requires outstanding people, those who think outside the box and are passionate about going above and beyond for our customers.
Hunt Forest Group is a family run, expanding and ambitious company, operating throughout the South of England making us one of the largest John Deere dealerships in the country. We appreciate and value hard work and dedication from our people, who are not just employees but who each play a vital role in the overall success of our business. In return, we provide each person with great benefits and job security in a fast paced and evolving industry supporting key areas of agriculture, commercial and professional grounds care and construction.
We support continuous professional development and encourage each person to grow and reach their full potential, to be the best they can be, which in turn supports the business to achieve its mission.
Sells new, used agricultural and/or turf equipment services to new and existing customers. Ensures preliminary customer relationship for a dedicated area.
- Represents the Dealership in the sale of machinery to customers in a defined sales area.
- Executes all sales process steps to achieve high sales performance in conjunction with the sales tools available from John Deere.
- Maintains current product knowledge on features and benefits of all equipment and services potentially saleable by the dealership and attends relevant sales training events.
- Maintains current knowledge of financing options to assist customers with securing the purchase of new and used goods.
- Monitors competitor activity and products and communicates to the sales Management accordingly.
- Conducts new equipment field demonstrations.
- Executes goods delivery and follow up, according to CSR. Builds strong and loyal relationships with defined sales area customers.
- Monitors trends in customers’ business activities and timely communicates to management.
- Uses support from Sales Specialist when required.
Skills & Qualifications:
- 1+ years’ equipment sales experience
- Good knowledge of agricultural/turf equipment and farming operational practices
- Ability to use standard computer applications, internet functions & sales tools
- Familiar with John Deere and competitive products
- Ability to analyze and interpret internal reports
- Excellent customer relationship skills
- Ability to work extended hours
- Excellent attitude with integrity and honesty
- Laptop and mobile phone provided
- Company vehicle
- Up to 33 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- Free parking
- Occupational Sick Pay Scheme
- Focused career/development progression
- Autonomous work culture – we encourage our staff to work from their own initiatives rather than be micromanaged
- Opportunity to join regular social events
- Free tea and coffee
- You will become part of the Hunt Forest Group community!
Salary will be based on experience.