Precision Ag Support Specialist & Demonstrator
Group Precision Ag Manager
Full time – 40 hours per week
Chilbolton, Stockbridge, Hampshire
Hunt Forest Group is a family run, expanding and ambitious company, operating throughout the South of England making us one of the largest John Deere dealerships in the country with over 50 years of industry experience.We appreciate and value hard work and dedication from our people, who are not just employees but who each play a vital role in the overall success of our business. In return, we provide each person with great benefits and job security in a fast paced and evolving industry, supporting key areas of agriculture, commercial and professional ground care and construction.
We support continuous professional development and encourage each person to grow and reach their full potential, to be the best they can be, which in turn supports the business to achieve its mission.
Are you forward thinking with a keen interest in precision agriculture? The type of person who will roll their sleeves up and get stuck in? Someone who is passionate about delivering excellent results? If so, then we have an exciting role waiting for you.
Our business is experiencing an exciting period of growth. As a result, we are looking for a proactive Precision Ag Support Specialist and Demonstrator. Ideally you will have either a farming and/or mechanical background and be passionate about the industry.
Your organisation skills will be second to none, plus you will be a real people person and enjoy resolving customer queries quickly. The fact that you will be able to travel is an added bonus to you as you will appreciate the variety that this type of role provides.
Working efficiently and accurately, you consistently provide the highest level of support to our customers. You thrive off a challenge and always enjoy learning new skills and furthering your knowledge.
If we have just described you, then we definitely want to hear from you. We look forward to you joining our team and ‘growing together’.
About the role:
· Supporting both sales staff and customers with our range of John Deere and other franchised products.
· Demonstrating, installing and offering general product support.
· Perform pre-delivery setup on new or used equipment.
· Participate in Service Training Certification programs required for the development of skills and knowledge.
· Compares and evaluates competitive equipment and precision Ag applications.
· Supports the Sales Professional to demonstrate, configure and order advanced AMS products and John Deere FarmSight services.
· Consults customers on optimizing performance, reducing costs, operation efficiencies, etc.
· Organizes John Deere FarmSight clinics and other training sessions for customers and dealer personnel.
· Manages RTK network installation and maintenance.
· Manages and monitors AMS product stock at the dealership and disposes of in a timely manner to maintain sufficient stock whilst controlling stock.
· Develops and maintains subject matter expert relations with key stakeholders and key prospect customers.
· Manages on-going relationships with key John Deere personnel.
· Performs any other tasks when required.
· Excellent knowledge of agricultural/turf equipment and farming operational practices.
· Familiar with competitive products.
· Proficient knowledge of electrical and wireless communication systems, database software and computer application systems.
· Excellent customer relationship skills.
· Ability to analyse and interpret internal reports.
· Ability to work in a team environment.
· Very competitive salary
· Company vehicle offered
· Up to 33 days holiday (including bank holidays)
· Free parking at all sites
· Laptop and mobile phone provided
· Uniform and PPE provided
· Occupational Sick Pay Scheme
· Focused career progression
· A lot of overtime available
· Autonomous work culture – we encourage our staff to work from their own initiatives rather than be micromanaged
· You will become part of the Hunt Forest Group community!