Agricultural Sales Support and Demonstrator Trainee
Branch Manager/Precision Ag Team
Full time – 40 hours per week
Hunt Forest Group is a family run, expanding and ambitious company, operating throughout the South of England making us one of the largest John Deere dealerships in the country with over 50 years of industry experience. We appreciate and value hard work and dedication from our people, who are not just employees but who each play a vital role in the overall success of our business. In return, we provide each person with great benefits and job security in a fast paced and evolving industry, supporting key areas of agriculture, commercial and professional ground care and construction.
We support continuous professional development and encourage each person to grow and reach their full potential, to be the best they can be, which in turn supports the business to achieve its mission.
Our business is experiencing an exciting period of growth. As a result, we are on the lookout for a Trainee/Sales Support and Demonstrator, who can support our Precision Ag team alongside demonstrating our products and machinery to customers. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is keen to grow their skills in this rapidly evolving industry. Full training will be provided.
Are you forward thinking with a keen interest in precision agriculture? The type of person who will roll their sleeves up and get stuck in? Someone who is passionate about delivering excellent results? If so, then we have an exciting role waiting for you.
Your organisation skills will be second to none, plus you will be a real people person and enjoy conversing with a diverse customer base. The fact that you will be able to travel is an added bonus to you as you will appreciate the variety that this type of role provides.
Working efficiently and accurately, you will consistently provide the highest level of support to both our customers and the Precision Ag Team. You thrive off a challenge and always enjoy learning new skills and furthering your knowledge as you have a genuine passion for the industry.
If we have just described you, then we definitely want to hear from you. We look forward to you joining our team and ‘growing together’.
About the role:
- Supporting both the Precision Ag Team and our customers with our range of John Deere, Kramer, Amazone, Kuhn and other franchised products.
- Demonstrating, installing and offering general product support to customers.
- Learning to perform pre-delivery setup on new or used equipment including assembly of products at our premises.
- Compares and evaluates competitive equipment and precision Ag applications.
- Learning to complete on farm installations and optimisations.
- Supports the Team to demonstrate, configure and order advanced AMS products and John Deere FarmSight services.
- Participate in Service Training Certification programs required for the development of skills and knowledge.
- Consults customers on optimizing performance, reducing costs, operation efficiencies, etc.
- On occasion, assisting the team with organising John Deere FarmSight clinics and other training sessions for customers and dealer personnel.
- Assists with monitoring AMS product stock at the dealership and disposes of in a timely manner to maintain sufficient stock whilst controlling stock.
- Complete any other tasks when required.
- Have a passion for modern agricultural equipment including GPS guided technology
- A good knowledge of modern farming practices
- Ability to work well in a team
- Strong communication and customer service skills
- Self-motivated and well presented
- Demonstrates enthusiasm to learn and an attention to detail
- Very competitive salary
- Up to 33 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- Free parking at all sites
- Laptop provided
- Uniform and PPE provided
- Occupational Sick Pay Scheme
- Focused career progression
- Autonomous work culture – we encourage our staff to work from their own initiatives rather than be micromanaged
- You will become part of the Hunt Forest Group community!