Agricultural Service Technician (Harvest Specialist)
Full time – 40 hours per week
£25,000-45,000 per annum (DOE)
Are you a forward thinking Service Technician who enjoys a challenge? The type of person who will roll their sleeves up and get stuck in? Someone who is passionate about delivering excellent results? If so, then we have an exciting role waiting for you.
Our business is experiencing an exciting period of growth. As a result, we are looking for a proactive Service Technician within our Agricultural department specialising in combine harvester work. You enjoy a variety of work and are confident when it comes to diagnosing and repairing harvest machinery.
Working efficiently and accurately, you consistently provide the highest level of support to our customers. You thrive off a challenge and always enjoy learning new skills and furthering your knowledge.
If we have just described you, then we definitely want to hear from you. We look forward to you joining our team and ‘growing together’.
Hunt Forest Group is a family run, expanding and ambitious company, operating throughout the South of England making us one of the largest John Deere dealerships in the country with over 50 years of industry experience. We appreciate and value hard work and dedication from our people, who are not just employees but who each play a vital role in the overall success of our business. In return, we provide each person with great benefits and job security in a fast paced and evolving industry, supporting key areas of agriculture, commercial and professional grounds care and construction.
We support continuous professional development and encourage each person to grow and reach their full potential, to be the best they can be, which in turn supports the business to achieve its mission.
About the role
- Service and repair harvest machinery, with a focus on combines
- Diagnose and provide accurate information to enable machinery repair quotes to be created.
- Complete all required paperwork for work assignments.
- Performs diagnostics and repairs in the field when required.
- Perform pre-delivery setup on new or used equipment.
- Maintain a clean work station and assist with overall workshop organisation and correct use of tools and vehicles.
- Participate in Service Training Certification programs required for the development of skills and knowledge.
- Follows all safety rules and regulations in performing work assignments.
- Participates in Service Training Certification programs required for the development of skills and knowledge.
- Performs diagnostics, repairs maintenance at customers site when required.
- This is a role for an experienced combine technician only
- A high level of mechanical competence
- Proficient knowledge of mechanical, electrical and hydraulic systems to enable the repair of agricultural equipment.
- Experience of maintaining and repairing harvest equipment particularly combines
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently from own initiative.
- Good timekeeping
- Communication – ability to explain mechanical problems in simple terms.
- Own tools
- Computer literate – ability to look up information and type up service work or seek manufacturer support. Training to use our systems will be provided but with an expectation that you’re proficient with similar dealer or manufacturer systems.
- Familiarity with John Deere or competitive brand combines.
- Full UK Driving license
- Professional qualification in agricultural machinery maintenance.
- Forklift license
- Very competitive salary
- Company vehicle offered with fuel card to all mobile roles (DOE)
- Up to 33 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- Free parking at all sites
- Laptop and mobile phone provided
- Uniform and PPE provided
- Occupational Sick Pay Scheme
- Focused career progression
- A lot of overtime available
- Autonomous work culture – we encourage our staff to work from their own initiatives rather than be micromanaged
- Our sites are situation in scenic locations
- You will become part of the Hunt Forest Group community!