Turf Service Manager
Group Service Manager
Full time – Monday to Friday – 40 hours per week
Highly Competitive (DOE)
Are you a forward thinking Service Manager who enjoys a challenge? Maybe you’re an experienced Technician looking for the next step in your career? The type of person who will roll their sleeves up and get stuck in? Someone who is passionate about delivering excellent results? If so, then we have an exciting role waiting for you.
Our business is experiencing an exciting period of growth. As a result, we are looking for a proactive Turf Service Manager within our service department. No two days are the same in this role which is great because you enjoy a variety of work. You are able to lead by example and enjoy motivating and developing your team.
Working efficiently and accurately, you consistently provide the highest level of support to our customers. You thrive off a challenge and always enjoy learning new skills and furthering your knowledge.
Perhaps you have experience in a relevant industry such as commercial vehicles, construction and plant machinery or the automotive industry? If so then we welcome your application as we understand you have a lot of relevant skills and experience to offer.
If we have just described you, then we definitely want to hear from you. We look forward to you joining our team and ‘growing together’.
Hunt Forest Group is a family run, expanding and ambitious company, operating throughout the South of England making us one of the largest John Deere dealerships in the country with over 50 years of industry experience. We appreciate and value hard work and dedication from our people, who are not just employees but who each play a vital role in the overall success of our business. In return, we provide each person with great benefits and job security in a fast paced and evolving industry, supporting key areas of agriculture, commercial and professional grounds care and construction.
We support continuous professional development and encourage each person to grow and reach their full potential, to be the best they can be, which in turn supports the business to achieve its mission.
About the role:
Within this role you will be responsible for managing and growing our busy turf service department at our Chilbolton branch. You will be responsible for developing staff and supporting customers. This department has a significant opportunity for growth and the right candidate will be a naturally proactive person.
- Liaise with customers, prioritising their needs and managing their expectations.
- Strive to meet KPI’s/targets
- All elements of standard people management including, managing performance, sickness absence, conduct management etc.
- Review and understand relevant management information to your department and be proactive in suggestions to aid improvement.
- Plan and allocate work for technicians based on their expertise and skills.
- Ensure that service processes, policies and guidelines are followed and applied safely.
- Supervise and coach the workshop team.
- Participate in recruiting, developing and retaining key talent.
- Ensures all paperwork is completed efficiently
- Experience in service management or 3 to 5 years experience as a Service Technician
- Ability to lead others
- High level of communication and human relations
- Ability to use standard computer applications and internet functions
- Familiar with John Deere or competitive products
- Able to work under pressure
- Ability to work extended hours
- Very competitive salary
- Laptop and mobile phone provided
- Up to 33 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- Free parking
- Occupational Sick Pay Scheme
- Focused career/development progression
- Autonomous work culture – we encourage our staff to work from their own initiatives rather than be micromanaged
- Opportunity to join regular social events
- Free tea and coffee
- You will become part of the Hunt Forest Group community!
This role will be based at our Chilbolton branch.